- How parliamentary procedure helps ensure effective, democratic meetings
- The essential rules of debate
- The key elements of agendas and minutes
- Procedures for voting, elections and secret ballots
WHERE TO TAKE THIS COURSE
NRECA offers the opportunity to take this course several times each year at the following events:
NOTE: Please check each event's schedule to see what courses are being offered.
Additionally, these courses can be delivered on-site at your co-op, statewide or G&T.
Learn more about our on-site training opportunities.
DIRECTOR COMPETENCIES COVERED IN THIS COURSE
Protocol and Practices
- Engages in activities that support the board in determining its own priorities and information needs.
Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Thinks systematically, conceptually, and analytically to determine effective solutions.
Cooperative Principles and Practices
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the cooperative business model and a commitment to cooperative values.
Self-Awareness /Continual Learning
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits