For a director to earn the initial Director Gold credential, he or she must meet the following criteria:
- Hold the CCD and BLC credentials.
- Earn three additional credits from the Board Leadership Certificate series of courses. For the initial Director Gold credential, only BLC courses will be accepted for credit. Upon renewal, other options are available as listed below.
Directors who have earned their CCD and BLC and have completed 3 BLC credits after earning their BLC, are eligible to receive their Director Gold certificate of completion.
NOTE: Once you are eligible, you must “opt in
” to the program indicating your interest in earning the Director Gold status (see enrollment instructions) before a certificate will be issued to you.
To maintain Director Gold Status, directors must earn three credits from the NRECA Approved List of Continuing Education Programs within a two-year (24 months) period from the time their last Director Gold credential was awarded. The list of programs eligible for credit may be amended from time to time at NRECA’s discretion.
NRECA Approved List of Continuing Education Programs:
- NRECA Board Leadership Certificate Courses
- NRECA Directors Conference (1 credit)
- Gettysburg Leadership Experience (2 credits)
- CFC Forum (1 credit)
- CoBank Energy Directors Conference (1 credit)
- Mid America Cooperative Council (MACC) Board Chair Roundtable (1 credit)
- Excellence in Board Leadership (2 credits)
This 2-day module is made possible through NRECA’s partnership with FCC Services and is available only to Director Gold Certificate holders. The program focuses on leading among equals. Directors learn their own leadership style, as well as when it’s beneficial and when it’s not. Board dynamics and facilitation skills are addressed. Instructors for this series are carefully selected for rigor and relevancy in their subject matter. FCC Services further assures that each instructor is current in the nuances of the cooperative business model. For more information on this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Of the three credits required to fulfill the continuing education requirement, a minimum of two credits must be earned from the NRECA BLC series of courses
. Directors may also choose to earn all three continuing education credits from the BLC courses. A maximum of one credit may be earned through attending one of the other conferences or programs listed above.
The window of time within which the director must earn three credits to maintain his/her Director Gold credential is two years (24 months) following the date on which the director first earned the Director GOLD credential.
Directors Who Earn the Director Gold Credential Will Receive the Following Benefits
- A congratulatory letter, lapel pin, and confirmation of the Director Gold credential
- An official NRECA Director Gold Certificate
- A name badge ribbon presented at all NRECA events including the NRECA Annual Meeting, Regional Meetings, Directors Conference and Director Summer and Winter Schools
- Recognition during the NRECA Regional Meetings
- A listing by name on cooperative.com