May 26 Update:
NRECA is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continues to prioritize the health and safety of our members, staff and event participants. Local, state and national orders, recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization, travel industry guidance plus the number of participants and where they are coming from all inform our decisions regarding NRECA events. For these reasons, NRECA has canceled in-person events through August 31*, as well as the in-person Regional Meetings scheduled for September and October. The Regional Meetings present unique challenges, including the need to ensure a comparable experience across regions and the time necessary to plan for an interactive online resolutions dialogue and voting process. No decision has been made with regard to other NRECA events in September and October.
*Exceptions to the above cancellations include July and August Madison-based training programs and July and August on-site training deliveries at statewide and co-op locations.
The canceled events are:
- Gettysburg Leadership Experience, June 2-5, Gettysburg, Penn.
- Summer School East, June 5-10, Charleston, S.C.
- NRECA Youth Tour, June 19-25, Crystal City, Va.
- Interact, July 13-16, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Legal Seminar, July 19-23, Stowe, Vt.
- Summer School, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Tax, Finance & Accounting Conference for Cooperatives, Aug. 2-5, Portland, Ore.
- Legal Seminar, Aug. 10-12, Park City, Utah
- Interact, Aug. 17-20, Tampa, Fla.
- Regions 1 & 4 Meeting, Sept. 9-11, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Regions 5 & 6 Meeting, Sept. 15-17, Des Moines, Iowa
- Regions 7 & 9 Meeting, Sept. 29-Oct. 1, Omaha, Neb.
- Regions 2 & 3 Meeting, Oct. 12-14, Hollywood, Fla.
- Regions 8 & 10 Meeting, Oct. 27-29, Little Rock, Ark.
NRECA training programs in Madison, Wis.:
- MIP Group 4, Unit C, June 1-11
- MIP Select, Group 1, June 15-26
Those already registered for the canceled events will be contacted individually. In addition, we will use cooperative.com, NRECA's online professional communities and email to communicate these changes. We are exploring options for rescheduling or offering virtual options for those events where such alternatives may make sense.