- Apply the NEST Approach to regularly engage and support staff more effectively.
- Assess individual and organizational needs of team members to better meet those needs.
- Differentiate between healthy and unhealthy characteristics of the work environment to support team members better.
- Understand the impact of workplace well-being on staff productivity.
- Recognize the role of different personality types in team synergy.
- Develop effective communication strategies to build trust and rapport with staff.
- Learn strategies to manage conflict and difficult conversations with staff.
- Gain insights into the importance of delegation and empowerment for staff development and productivity.
- Explore the impact of leadership styles on team dynamics and productivity.
- Develop a personal action plan to apply the NEST Approach and other leadership strategies to support staff effectively.
- Introduction to the NEST Approach (Needs, Environment, Strategies, Trajectory)
- Assessing the individual and organizational needs of team members
- Effective communication strategies for building trust and rapport
- Importance of staff empowerment and delegation
- Strategies for managing conflict and difficult conversations
- Impact of leadership styles on team dynamics and productivity
- Best practices for leadership development
- Impact of personality types on team synergy
- Strategies for strengthening team cohesion and productivity
Leadership Skills Assessment
Drawn from the Electric Cooperative Employee Competencies, our
Leadership Skills Assessment was designed to help you understand which of NRECA's supervisory, management and leadership courses and events may be most appropriate for you.
Supervisor and Manager Development Program
- NRECA – 1 credit
- CEU – 0.6 credits