Problem identification and the decision-making process.
Managing conflict toward a productive outcome.
Evaluating recommended solutions and decisions.
Recognizing the importance of full participation in board decisions.
DIRECTOR COMPETENCIES COVERED IN THIS COURSE
Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Thinks systematically, conceptually, and analytically to determine effective solutions.
Cooperative Principles and Practices
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the cooperative buisness model and a commitment to cooperative values.
- Focuses on the needs of members.
- Listens, relates and expresses oneself in a manner that is effective while supporting mutual understanding.
Self- Awareness /Continual Learning
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Remains open to new ideas, information, and approaches.
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
Board Leadership Certificate (BLC)
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits