WHERE TO TAKE THIS COURSE
- Overview of the role of bylaws
Member issues and expectations
Director issues and expectations
Issues impacting co-op operations as not-for-profit corporations
Revising and amending bylaws
NRECA offers the opportunity to take this course several times each year at the following events:
NOTE: Please check each event's schedule to see what courses are being offered.
Additionally, these courses can be delivered on-site at your co-op, statewide or G&T.
Learn more about our on-site training opportunities.
DIRECTOR COMPETENCIES COVERED IN THIS COURSE
Protocol and Practices
- Engages in activities that support the board in determining its own priorities and information needs.
- Monitors board operations and takes responsibility for board actions and results.
Cooperative Principles and Practices
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the cooperative buisness model and a commitment to cooperative values.
Community Engagement and Communication
- Places the cooperative in a collaborative position for maintaining and growing healthy communities.
- Focuses on the needs of members.
Integrity and Courage
- Makes decisions and acts consistently with values, professional standards, and the broader interests of the cooperative.
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits