Identifying the role of the board in CEO appraisal and compensation.
Identifying goals for the chief executive officer in the strategic planning process.
Using tools for determining fair and equitable compensation.
Communicating with the CEO during the appraisal process.
DIRECTOR COMPETENCIES COVERED IN THIS COURSE
Protocol and Practices
- Engages in activities that support the board in determining its own priorities and information needs.
- Establishes policies that provides guidance and sets expectations for performance.
- Monitors board operations and takes responsibility for board actions and results.
- Builds a civil, constructive, mutually respectful relationship with the CEO.
Cooperative Principles and Practices
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the cooperative buisness model and a commitment to cooperative values.
- Focuses on the needs of members.
- Remains open to new ideas, information, and approaches.
Builds Relationships and Influences Others
- Creates and fosters constructive working relationships; Persuades others towards an outcome consistent with the organization’s goals.
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
Integrity and Courage
- Makes decisions and acts consistently with values, professional standards, and the broader interests of the cooperative.
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits