The policy and planning decisions boards make with regard to utility operations.
Developing a culture of safety at your cooperative.
How boards authorize resources consistent with the strategic plan, long-range financial.
The board’s role in the delivery of electricity includes how board provide direction.
WHERE TO TAKE THIS COURSE
NRECA offers the opportunity to take this course several times each year at the following events:
NOTE: Please check each event's schedule to see what courses are being offered.
Additionally, these courses can be delivered on-site at your co-op, statewide or G&T.
Learn more about our on-site training opportunities.
DIRECTOR COMPETENCIES COVERED IN THIS COURSE
Protocol and Practices
- Engages in activities that support the board in determining its own priorities and information needs.
Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Thinks systematically, conceptually, and analytically to determine effective solutions.
- Engages in strategic planning that contributes to the direction, core values and goals of the cooperative.
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of financial knowledge and understanding and can interpret financial reports and statements and monitor corrective action to ensure financial goals.
Industry Principles and Concept
- Knows the basic jargon and concepts of the energy industry.
Cooperative Principles and Practices
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the cooperative buisness model and a commitment to cooperative values.
- Focuses on the needs of members.
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits