The policy and planning decisions boards make with regard to utility operations.
Developing a culture of safety at your cooperative.
How boards authorize resources consistent with the strategic plan, long-range financial.
The board’s role in the delivery of electricity includes how board provide direction.
DIRECTOR COMPETENCIES COVERED IN THIS COURSE
Protocol and Practices
- Engages in activities that support the board in determining its own priorities and information needs.
Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Thinks systematically, conceptually, and analytically to determine effective solutions.
- Engages in strategic planning that contributes to the direction, core values and goals of the cooperative.
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of financial knowledge and understanding and can interpret financial reports and statements and monitor corrective action to ensure financial goals.
Industry Principles and Concept
- Knows the basic jargon and concepts of the energy industry.
Cooperative Principles and Practices
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the cooperative buisness model and a commitment to cooperative values.
- Focuses on the needs of members.
Credentialed Cooperative Director Certificate (CCD)
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits