WHERE TO TAKE THIS COURSE
Discussing and outlining the benchmarks for a successful meeting
Meeting preparation and agenda development
Differences in learning styles and personalities
Basic presiding skills
NRECA offers the opportunity to take this course several times each year at the following events:
NOTE: Please check each event's schedule to see what courses are being offered.
Additionally, these courses can be delivered on-site at your co-op, statewide or G&T.
Learn more about our on-site training opportunities.
DIRECTOR COMPETENCIES COVERED IN THIS COURSE
Protocol and Practices
- Engages in activities that support the board in determining its own priorities and information needs.
Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Thinks systematically, conceptually, and analytically to determine effective solutions.
Cooperative Principles and Practices
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the cooperative business model and a commitment to cooperative values.
Self- Awareness /Continual Learning
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Remains open to new ideas, information, and approaches.
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Leverages the talents of each person and promotes cultural awareness among board members.
Integrity and Courage
- Makes decisions and acts consistently with values, professional standards, and the broader interests of the cooperative.
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits