- Explain the tremendous impact culture has on organizational effectiveness.
- Describe your co-op’s culture and the purpose and values that the culture supports.
- Recognize the responsibility that supervisors have in supporting a positive culture.
- Adjust your leadership techniques to better align your team members with your co-op’s purpose and values.
- Anticipate changing member needs at your co-op and discuss how your co-op’s and your team’s cultures can help meet these needs:
- What is organizational culture?
- How to see culture
- Benefits of a strong, positive culture
- Impact of a negative culture on the four mission-critical areas (safety, member service, reliability and cost control)
- What drives culture – purpose and values
- Case studies of co-ops living their purpose
- Cultural challenge faced by U.S. organizations
- Supervisors’ responsibilities in supporting culture
- Quinn model of organizational culture types
- Changing member needs and your co-op’s culture
NEW! Leadership Skills Assessment
Drawn from the Electric Cooperative Employee Competencies, our new
Leadership Skills Assessment was designed to help you understand which of NRECA's supervisory, management and leadership courses and events may be most appropriate for you.
WHERE TO TAKE THIS COURSE
Supervisor and Manager Development Program
- NRECA – 1 credit
- CEU – 0.6 credits
Read What Past Participants Say About the Course
"[This course] taught me about my co-op's culture and core values."
Trent Bigner, District Line Supervisor, Dixie Electric Membership Corp., Baton Rouge, Louisiana
"This is a valuable course for learning why co-ops work the way they do and how to figure out how you fit into the mix."
Paul Clauder, Substation Technician, Farmers Electric Cooperative, Inc., Greenville, Texas
"All of the information was relevant and can be used every day. The info was on target to help me and those I supervisor to better understand our culture and the importance of our focus."
Lisa Queen, Member Service Supervisor, South Central Power Co., Jefferson, Georgia