Why Choose Us? We Know Co-ops.
- Our learning activities incorporate co-op specific case studies, examples and discussions so learners focus on their particular job/situation
- We solicit input and feedback from NRECA member organizations to help guide the creation of our programs—ensuring we are addressing the issues and topics of most importance to our members
- Wherever possible, we strive to use instructors who have worked for or with electric cooperatives. On average they have more than 20 years co-op experience.
What Programs Do You Offer?
NRECA's competency-based education programs and events are designed to target content and skills practice that are relevant and transferrable to the workplace. We offer a wide range of co-op specific programs across a variety of topic areas. We’ve organized our learning offerings into 8 distinct categories.
- Communications, Marketing and Member Services
- Co-op Administration, Benefits, Finance and HR
- Director Education
- General Electric Co-op Industry
- Legislative, Regulatory, Legal and Advocacy Issues
- Safety and Loss Control
- Supervisory, Management and Leadership
- Technology (Includes Distributed Energy Resources, Engineering, Operations and Power Supply)
Where Can I Take These Courses?
In addition to our face-to-face conferences and meetings (most offered annually), we offer a wide range of courses and programs that can be experienced in a variety of different venues.
How Do I Get Started?
NRECA’s Learning programs are organized into four groups on this website: Conferences & Meetings, Courses, Web-Based Learning, and Certificate Programs.