Update: NRECA staff has been closely monitoring the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and wants to assure you that we are taking measures to protect the health and safety of our members, staff and other event participants. Based on the growing risk and local, state, and now, national orders, as well as recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization, NRECA has canceled the fall session of NCCO.
Thank you for your ongoing support of NRECA. We will continue to be in communication with you in the days and weeks ahead.
If you have questions about NRECA’s sponsorship program, please contact Stephanie Harbrecht at
Network with other professional co-op communicators, discuss major challenges and learn about the industry and the resources available to you.
The three-day program focuses on several key areas:
- Understanding the electric cooperative business model and values.
- Learning about the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) network.
- Current and near-future electric industry issues and challenges.
- Available resources from NRECA and national partner organizations including: National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC); NRTC; and Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange.
- Interactive sessions to provide focus on: crisis communication and reputation management, telling the co-op story, Always On program, financial issues and resources, insurance/loss control/safety issues, networking tools and Touchstone Energy initiatives.
You will meet new colleagues from around the country and from NRECA headquarters at this conference just outside of the nation’s capital. Enhance your career and return to your co-op energized, more informed and more effective with new tools and resources to apply in your corner of the world.
Please note that NCCO enrollees must be working full time at their co-op at the time of registration. NCCO registration is not transferrable. There are no exceptions.
Registration Fee: $400
Note: Most, but not all, meals are included.
The New Co-op Communicators Orientation (NCCO) will be offered March 16-19, and Oct. 4-8, 2021. Registration for the 2021 sessions will be available in December 2020.