Are you a new co-op communicator who has been at your co-op at least three months? Or maybe you're a seasoned communicator but new to the electric co-op industry? If so, the New Co-op Communicators Orientation is a great opportunity to learn about the industry and the resources available to you.
The training focuses on several key areas:
- Understanding the electric cooperative business model and values.
- Learning about the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) network.
- Current and near-future electric industry issues and challenges.
- Available resources from NRECA and national partner organizations including: National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC); NRTC; and Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange.
- Interactive sessions to provide focus on: crisis communication and reputation management, telling the co-op story, Always On program, financial issues and resources, insurance/loss control/safety issues, networking tools and Touchstone Energy initiatives.
You will meet new colleagues from around the country and from NRECA headquarters at this conference just outside of the nation’s capital. Enhance your career and return to your co-op energized, more informed and more effective with new tools and resources to apply in your corner of the world.
Please note that NCCO enrollees must be working full time at their co-op at the time of registration. NCCO registration is not transferrable. There are no exceptions.
What Your Peers Are Saying
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our FAQs.
Communications Resources and Programs of Interest