NRECA provides programs, resources and strategic guidance to help co-ops enhance communication and engagement with their consumer-members. From strategies on how to communicate with young adults to programs to inspire political action among consumer-members, NRECA offers resources to help co-ops build relationships and share the co-op difference.
- The Young Adult Member Engagement initiative, a joint project with Touchstone Energy, empowers co-ops with strategies and resources to connect with the next generation and tools to adapt to the values, interests and service expectations of this essential member group.
- NRECA recently conducted consumer research to develop a shared lexicon for electric co-ops to use when communicating with their members on priority issues. This messaging can help co-ops better connect with their consumer-members by using language that strongly resonates.
- Straight Talk offers customizable content to support co-ops’ external and internal communication efforts. This popular resource provides members with graphics, articles and social media tools that they can personalize and use in their co-op’s print and digital communications.
- The Solar Communications Toolkit pulls together resources and co-op case studies to help co-ops educate consumer-members about how they can participate in cooperative solar development, including community solar.
- NRECA and CFC developed a rate communications guide to assist co-ops considering a rate redesign. Introducing a Rate Change to Consumer-Members includes real-world case studies and lessons learned.
Grassroots Advocacy and Youth Programs
- Co-ops Vote is NRECA’s non-partisan political engagement effort designed to inform consumer-members on the key issues facing electric co-ops and encourage them to vote.
- Youth Tour brings more than 1,500 high school students to Washington, D.C., every June to meet with elected officials and experience first-hand how political and civic involvement continue to be at the core of electric co-ops.
- Engaging co-op employees and consumer members in political advocacy helps ensure the voice of rural America is heard. NRECA’s Cooperative Action Network gives co-ops a platform to take and inspire action on the local and national issues that impact our communities.
Data and Research
- From understanding overall member satisfaction with your co-op to determining the most compelling messages and effective communications channels to reach them, NRECA’s Market Research Services offers several types of customizable market research to help co-ops strengthen their member focus.
- NRECA leads research like this white paper on electric vehicles, which provides co-ops guidance for developing residential EV programs that leverage education and partnership opportunities, offer electric vehicle supply equipment as a service and meet consumers where they are.
Talk with an Expert