The J.C. Brown CEO Communication Leadership Award recognizes an electric cooperative or public power district CEO/general manager who is committed to advancing communication at the cooperative and in the electric cooperative industry. Established in 2003, the award memorializes the late J.C. Brown and his unwavering dedication to the importance of communication as a vital link connecting electric cooperatives with each other and with their consumers, and to advancing the cooperative business model.
The recipient of the J.C. Brown Award is announced at the CEO Close-Up conference. The award recipient and their communications team are also recognized at the Connect Conference.
- Cost for entering a submission, $135 (includes judges' feedback)
- Call for Entries period Sept. 12-Oct. 27, 2023
- Notification of entry status Nov. 28-Dec. 8, 2023
- Award recognition at CEO Close-up Conference, Jan. 7-9, 2024, Phoenix, Ariz. and at the Connect Conference, May 2-4, 2024, Baltimore, Md.
- Call for Entries (document that details the award and the entry process) [PDF]
- Sample entry form [Word Doc]
- Scoring, Judging & Sample Judges' feedback form [PDF]
- Info about recent past winners including winning entries.