Eight (8) hours of annual Continuing Education
- NRECA will conduct random audits of CKAEs to verify the completion of continuing education. (There is no need to submit documentation each year)
- CKAEs are responsible for maintaining records to support credits claimed and agree to make those records available to NRECA upon request to ensure good standing.
- Records include, but are not limited to: Attendance verification records, such as certificate or letter of completion along with the type of activity claimed, summary description of event/course, sponsoring organization, location, duration, instructor's or speaker's name, and credits or hours earned. NRECA has prepared a Continuing Education tracking form that is available on Cooperative.com.
- CKAEs should retain their records for three years from the date continuing education was completed.
- If an audited CKAE fails to provide requested information on continuing education, NRECA may request additional continuing education requirements or suspend credential.
- Annual recertification fee of $80
- The CKAE certification will be suspended if the annual CEU and fee requirement requirements are not met. Re-instatement guidelines are outlined below. (Each January, NRECA will send an invoice for the professional fee. You may be asked for documentation of the Continuing Education completed in the prior year. All Continuing Education information should be held you in case you receive an audit notice.)
The CKAE certification will be suspended if the annual CEU and fee requirement requirements are not met. CKAE recipients who have been decertified may appeal for reinstatement by making a formal written request to the CKAE Program Manager. Requests will be reviewed as received.
The following guidelines will be used to determine if reinstatement is appropriate:
- The reinstatement candidate can be no more than three years in arrears for continuing education and/or annual certification fees.
- If the decertified period is less than three years, the following are required:
- Continuing education documentation must be submitted that shows the equivalent continuing education was obtained as if the candidate had current CKAE status (e.g. if you failed to submit documentation of continuing education for the last year and wish be re-certified this year, evidence of 16 hours or 1.6 CEUs must be submitted).
- The candidate must make payment for professional certification fees equivalent to the arrears period. (e.g. if you became decertified three years ago and wish to be reinstated, payment of professional fees must be brought up to date including current year).
If candidate has lapsed certification for more than three years, please contact CKAE Program Manager for review, these will be handled on a case by case basis.