Are you ready to take your CCC credential to another level? Why not consider running for the CCC board? You are invited to submit your name on the 2020 election ballot to serve as a director. There are six seats open for election on the 14-member board.
The CCC board is responsible for the program’s overall policy and direction, as well as for standards and requirements to become certified and maintain certification. You can find more information in the CCC Operating Guidelines located on the CCC program governance page on
Who can be on the board?
All persons holding the CCC designation in good standing and who are employed within the national community of electric cooperative businesses can serve on the board. Good standing is defined as follows:
- Satisfactorily maintaining the CCC designation by adhering to the continuing education requirements
- Adhering to board policy and standards of conduct
- Current on professional fees as of December 31, 2019
I’m interested. What should I do?
- If you are interested in standing for election, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your wish to do so.
- Review the following documents on the Program Governance section of the CCC webpage:
- Complete the 2020 Nomination Candidate Statement Form and submit it, along with a high- resolution headshot, by February 27.
- February 27: election materials are due
- March 13 – 27: elections will take place
- April 3: results will be announced
- May 11: CCC board meeting in Denver, prior to CONNECT.
New board members are invited (but not required) to attend this meeting.
What do I need to know?
Serving as a CCC director requires a significant commitment from you, as well as your co-op. You are required to attend at least two of the three in-person meetings per year and participate in monthly conference calls. Your CEO must be willing to bear the cost of travel and your time away from the office.
We hope you consider this invitation whether you are a brand new CCC or 20-year veteran. It is a great opportunity to grow professionally and to contribute to the CCC program.
Contact email@example.com or call 703-907-5998.