With more than 40% of veterans hailing from rural communities and a heightened challenge of attracting and retaining a new workforce due to a retirement wave and changing technology facing America’s electric cooperatives, facilitating the connection between job-seeking veterans and electric cooperative career opportunities is a win-win endeavor. NRECA’s Vets Power Us initiative was developed to support veterans, active military and their spouses by:
- Helping veterans find meaningful career opportunities within America’s electric cooperatives.
- Helping co-ops recruit, hire and honor veterans.
Through this program, co-ops have access to practical resources that will help them successfully recruit veterans and veterans have direct access to electric co-op career opportunities.
Make the Commitment
In addition to the resources below available to all members, co-ops can access additional tools to build a veteran-friendly employer brand by making the commitment to recruit and honor veterans and their spouses. Additional resources include:
- Vets Power Us commitment certificate that can be displayed in a prominent area at your co-op.
- Vets Power Us commitment web graphic that can be used on your website.
- Vets Power Us vehicle magnets and hard hat stickers to reflect your veteran-friendly employer brand.
National November Veteran Engagement Campaign: #VetsPowerUs
For some examples,
check out the wonderful photos across the country shared during a previous campaign.
And don't forget to follow NRECA on
Twitter because we will be sharing and retweeting your photos, too!
For questions or additional information about the Vets Power Us initiative, contact:
Desiree Dunham, Desiree.Dunham@nreca.coop, 703-907-5995