With more than 40% of veterans hailing from rural communities and a heightened challenge of attracting and retaining a new workforce due to a retirement wave and changing technology facing America’s electric cooperatives, facilitating the connection between job-seeking veterans and electric cooperative career opportunities is a win-win endeavor. NRECA’s Vets Power Us initiative was developed to support veterans, active military and their spouses by:
- Helping veterans explore meaningful career opportunities within America’s electric cooperatives.
- Helping co-ops recruit, hire and honor veterans.
This program provides co-ops with access to resources that will help them with veteran recruitment efforts and provides veterans with information about electric co-op career opportunities.
Make the Commitment
In addition to the resources below available to all members, co-ops can access additional tools to build a veteran-friendly employer brand by making the commitment to recruit and honor veterans and their spouses. Additional resources include:
- Vets Power Us commitment certificate that can be displayed in a prominent area at your co-op.
- Vets Power Us commitment web graphic that can be used on your website.
- Vets Power Us vehicle magnets and promotional stickers to reflect your veteran-friendly employer brand.
Has your co-op already made the commitment?
Use this form to order additional Vets Power Us-branded vehicle magnets and promotional stickers.