NRECA's Cooperative IT Mentoring Program is designed to help IT professionals grow and expand in their role at the cooperative, develop leadership and management skill sets, and help organizations support and retain top talent. The program fosters collaboration and cooperation among cooperatives and exposes participants to new ideas and approaches in their development of communication and other professional skills.
Mentors and mentees are matched by needs, skills, and experiences. The cohort based 6-month program, running May-November, offers mutiple networking opportunities and resources to help you achieve your goals including
- Monthly Mentor and Mentee coffee hours to connect with and learn from fellow program participants.
- Training sessions and guidance to help you understand and succeed in your role in the partnership.
- Meeting structure guides and twice-monthly prompts to support effective conversations within partnerships.
- Reading Between The Lines, a robust bookclub program with individual, partner, or cohort opportunities.
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE?
- Move from a task-oriented technical practitioner to a strategic thinker, planner and contributor.
- Develop a professional network of cooperative IT professionals for the purpose of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Share ideas and network with colleagues from across the country in a variety of engagement opportunities.
- Build confidence in your leadership and professional skill set.
100% of past participants would recommend the Cooperative IT Mentoring Program to their colleagues!