This package includes all of the services required for a comprehensive national search for your co-op’s new CEO, the full support of NRECA’s unsurpassed network of active and passive candidates, as well as critical support in the areas of executive compensation analysis, a first year appraisal and a 365-day guarantee on the selected candidate. This package is best for co-ops whose board understands the need to work with an experienced third-party partner who can leverage their extensive national network to conduct the comprehensive national search required for this level of position. The executive compensation analysis is included to ensure executive salaries are competitive within the marketplace.
- Leadership Profile Questionnaire (LPQ): If you don’t know what you are looking for, you aren’t going to get what you want. For this reason, the LPQ is the most critical piece of any search process that we do. Using the NRECA Electric Cooperative Employee Competencies model as our framework, our anonymous surveys are administered to the boards for our CEO and general manager searches.
- LPQ In-Person Review: Once the LPQ results are aggregated, it’s important to ensure consensus of the results and that the qualifications for success for your co-op are well represented.
- Creation of Job Description: The job description is created from our LPQ discussion.
- Compensation Analysis: A compensation market analysis is provided for consideration by the board. This will not be a recommendation of compensation, rather a resource available to help establish the market value of the position and the compensation range to be communicated to prospective applicants.
- Job Postings: The job description is posted on cooperative.com, LinkedIn and RE Magazine plus other platforms as determined.
- Passive Candidate Outreach: We reach out to existing CEOs and general managers so they can share our senior staff opportunity. We also reach out to active and passive candidates in our national networks who could be a good fit for your position.
- Resume and Phone Screening: All applications (internal or external) go through the same application process and then are screened against the qualifications determined at the LPQ review. Promising applicants are then vetted further through our phone screening interviews.
- EEOC Information Collection, as requested: NRECA will collect and provide anonymous EEOC information after the search is completed.
- Hogan Insight Leadership Assessment: The Hogan Insight Leadership Assessment is more than a personality analysis. It provides boards and hiring teams with a concise overview of candidates’ strengths, performance risks and core values. This tool can be used for the double purpose of selection and development, especially if the co-op has strong internal candidates.
- Reference Checks: As a secondary screening process, we conduct reference checks before we provide a summary of the most qualified candidates to the board or hiring team.
- Summary of Screened Candidates in Person: Based on your initial guidelines from the LPQ, we have extensively screened a pool of candidates to present a manageable list of qualified candidates to the board or hiring team.
- Candidate Screening Book: A comprehensive look at later stage qualified candidates for the use of the board during the selection process.
- Notification of Non-Selected Candidates: When your co-op selects their next leader, NRECA will notify all non-selected candidates that a decision has been made.
- Background and Credit Checks: NRECA can conduct background and credit checks if your co-op does not have that in-house capability.
- Candidate Scheduling: Administrative support is provided to ensure that the logistics are taken care of for your finalist candidates.
- In-Person Interviews: NRECA can facilitate the in-person interviews and related interview logistics including scheduling and managing expense reimbursement.
- 365-Day Guarantee: A 365 day guarantee is provided based on certain obligations noted in the contract.
- Post Search Consulting: NRECA consultants can provide your new leader’s first-year appraisal or other NRECA consulting services such as executive coaching or senior team development assessments.
Leigh Taylor, Leigh.Taylor@nreca.coop or 571-326-9547