KANSAS CITY, Mo.—NRECA recognized 20 electric cooperatives at its second annual Co-op Cyber Tech Conference for completing 10 cybersecurity goals under the national association's new voluntary program to help co-ops advance their cybersecurity posture.
In a brief ceremony Thursday, representatives of co-ops that have attained the cyber goals received a commemorative coin for display at their headquarters to mark the achievement. More than 200 other co-ops are participating in the Co-op Cyber Goals Program, which launched in January.
“Every co-op has their own journey when it comes to cybersecurity and the solutions they put in place," said Ryan Newlon, NRECA principal for cybersecurity solutions. “With Co-op Cyber Goals, NRECA is helping co-ops set a baseline covering the basics of cybersecurity. We thank every co-op for their time and proactive efforts to achieve these goals and invite all co-ops to join in helping make our grid and our country safer."
The following co-ops were recognized for completing the program's 10 cyber goals by May 11:
• Central Electric Power Cooperative, based in Jefferson City, Missouri.
• Central EMC, based in Sanford, North Carolina.
• Clark County REMC, based in Sellersburg, Indiana.
• Great River Energy, based in Maple Grove, Minnesota.
• Highline Electric Association, based in Holyoke, Colorado.
• Houston County Electric Co-op Inc., based in Crockett, Texas.
• KAMO Power, based in Vinita, Oklahoma.
• Kit Carson Electric Cooperative Inc., based in Taos, New Mexico.
• Mountain View Electric Association Inc., based in Black Forest, Colorado.
• North Carolina Association of Electric Co-ops, based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
• North West Rural Electric Cooperative, based in Orange City, Iowa.
• Palmetto Electric Cooperative Inc., based in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
• Shelby Energy Cooperative, based in Shelbyville, Kentucky.
• South River EMC, based in Dunn, North Carolina.
• Tri-County Electric Co-op Inc., based in Aledo, Texas.
• Tri-County EMC, based in Dudley, North Carolina.
• Tri-County Electric Membership Corp., based in Lafayette, Tennessee.
• West Kentucky RECC, based in Mayfield, Kentucky.
• West River Electric Association Inc., based in Rapid City, South Dakota.
• White River Electric Association Inc., based in Meeker, Colorado.