Keep it confidential. Do not share any information about cooperatives or individuals learned from the Communities with third parties without first gaining the subject's permission to do so.
Identify yourself. Be sure to include your full name, co-op or organization name, location, and e-mail address in your Messages. This info can be included in your automated signature. This allows other participants to know with whom they are communicating.
Identify your topic. Include a clear statement of your topic in the subject line of your message. This facilitates more appropriate responses from others, and, will make searching archived messages easier.
Help others track the discussion. For continuing or follow-up messages, include relevant portions of the original Message in your reply. Your new response may be read before the original message.
Be careful with replies. Only send a Message to the entire Community when it contains information that
everyone on the Community may benefit from. Messages such as "thank you" and "please send to me too" should be directed to the relevant individual,
not the entire Community. In other words, do not reply unless you want your Message to go to the entire Community. To send your Message to a specific individual, you need to directly message the person.
Know your audience. Do not send administrative messages, such as "unsubscribe" through the Community. Use the appropriate command or contact the Community manager for assistance.
The sponsors of Cooperative.com — NRECA, CFC and Federated — ("Sponsors") are providing this Professional Community ("Community") to facilitate the sharing of ideas and information among NRECA voting members and NRECA or NRECA voting member consultants. NRECA voting members include distribution members, generation and transmission members, statewides, and service members, as defined by the NRECA Bylaws.
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the Community. Establishing and following these guidelines helps to ensure that everyone's experience on the Community is pleasant, useful and respectful of others.
By joining and using the Community, you agree that you have read and will follow these etiquette rules and guidelines ("Community Rules"). You also agree to limit discussions to topics that are relevant and appropriate to these forums. If you do not wish to accept the terms and conditions contained in these Community Rules, then please do not participate on the Community.
Please be aware that the Sponsors may modify the Community Rules from time to time and without notice,
so check back regularly for updates. The Sponsors also reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership on the Community for members who do not comply with these Community Rules.
You agree to:
- Use caution when discussing potential business opportunities, strategic business plans, potential business "partners," and specific products or services. Information shared on the Community should be assumed to be available for anyone to see, and your statements are subject to applicable laws including libel, slander, and antitrust laws. In particular, Community discussions that may encourage or facilitate an agreement on the following topics are
- prices for products or services (either yours or a competitor's, including another co-op's, or prices paid by the cooperative to a supplier, vendor, or other third party entity);
- costs, discounts, terms of sale, profit margins or other things that might affect pricing to customers;
- salaries, wages and benefits;
- allocation of customers or territories;
- whether or not to deal with any other company; and
- whether or not to bid in a particular bidding process.
For a more in-depth explanation, read this
clarification of the prohibition (PDF) to discuss prices and rates.
- Not send any message, information, data, text or other material ("Message") that is unlawful, threatening, defamatory, hateful, obscene, or otherwise offensive, or that may be invasive of another’s privacy, business or trade secrets (including disclosures of confidential or proprietary business information).
- Not send any "commercial" Messages, such as unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation for or endorsement of particular vendors or their products of services.
- Not violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to federal regulations and any other rules or regulations having the force of law.
- Not send any Messages that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Intellectual Property") of any party. By submitting Messages through the List you warrant to the Sponsors that you have the necessary right, license or permission to so use any relevant Intellectual Property, and grant to the Sponsors and other Community participants a nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use the Intellectual Property.
- Permit the Sponsors and other Community participants to print, copy, distribute or otherwise MAKE INTERNAL USE ONLY OF Messages posted via the Community.
- Not share with any third party the names, e-mail addresses, or any other personally identifiable information of Community participants.
- Not knowingly send any Message that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Community or any computer hardware, software or networks connected to the Community, or that otherwise disrupt the normal flow of communication on the Community.
- Note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and etiquette sections below.
You further acknowledge that:
- The Community and all Messages posted via the Community are for educational and informational purposes only, and no Message constitutes expert, professional, or legal advice or opinion.
- If you rely on and/or use any information you obtain via the Community you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- The Sponsors do not actively monitor the Community for inappropriate Messages and do not pre-screen or edit Community participants’ Messages. However, in the event that an inappropriate Message is brought to the Sponsors’ attention, the Sponsors will take all appropriate action, which may include the removal of the inappropriate Message and termination of the right to use the Community by the participant who sent the inappropriate Message.
Disclaimer of Warranties: COOPERATIVE.COM AND THE SPONSORS shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the Community, and shall not be responsible or liable for any decisions or actions you may take based on information provided via the Community. Information posted here is provided "AS IS" and COOPERATIVE.COM AND THE SPONSORS hereby disclaim all warranties regarding this information, whether posted by COOPERATIVE.COM, ONE OR MORE OF THE SPONSORS, or any third party; this disclaimer includes implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. (If you live in a state which does not permit disclaimers of implied warranties, this part of our disclaimer may not apply to you.)
Limitation of Liability: In no event shall EITHER COOPERATIVE.COM OR ANY OF THE SPONSORS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted via the Community.
Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold Cooperative.com and the Sponsors, and their affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or in connection with any Message you send through the Community, or any other use by you of the List of Messages obtained through the Community, your violation of these Rules, or your violation of any rights of another.
Entire Agreement: The Community Rules contain the entire agreement, and supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written agreements, representations, warranties, or other statements or documents, between Cooperative.com and its Sponsors and you regarding your participation on the Community.
Partial Invalidity: The invalidation of any provision, or any portion of a provision, of the Community Rules by any entity with proper jurisdiction and authority does not invalidate the remaining provisions, or the remaining portion of a provision.
Applicable Law: The Community Rules are governed by, and will be interpreted under, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to choice or conflicts of law rules. Any legal action regarding these Community Rules shall be commenced and heard in the Circuit Court of Arlington County, Virginia or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Cooperative.com, the Sponsors and you agree to submit and consent to the jurisdiction and venue of these courts. You agree to irrevocably waive any rights or defenses in any action before these courts based on lack of personal jurisdiction or improper or inconvenient venue.
No Waiver: No waiver of any breach by you of these Community Rules shall constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent breach.