This annual, national event is designed to provide electric cooperative power plant operations, maintenance and engineering personnel an opportunity to meet with experts, collaborate with peers, and gain knowledge and insight into new practices and technologies to enhance the effectiveness of electric generating cooperatives.
The AREGC Conference & Expo focuses on best practices in plant operation and maintenance. The proposed agenda will include presentations and panel discussions led by industry experts and cooperative leaders to share experiences and ideas on how to improve plant performance. Presentation topics for consideration include:
- Power Industry Overview and Updates
- ESIG viewpoint on what is affecting the industry
- ACES Market Overview
- Environmental Overview and Future
- Flexible Operations
- Cycling of Plants
- Generation and various fuels
- EPRI Low Carbon Initiative
- Hydrogen as a future fuel
- Battery and Energy Storage
- Hydro-Future and Drought, Environmental
- Solar and Wind Projects
- Plant Decommissioning & Demolition
- Implementing Carbon Capture Technology
- Bi Partisan Infrastructure Funding Bill and Funding Opportunities
- Cyber Security-Critical Infrastructure
- CCR Best Practice
- Plant Winterization
Call for Presentations
To have a presentation considered, please submit a two to three paragraph abstract on the main points of your proposed presentation, e.g., objective, key challenges, lessons learned and conclusions.
Please include the presenter's name, title, company, address, phone number, and e-mail address. All submittals should be noncommercial in nature.
Abstracts will be accepted via e-mail only no later than March 31, 2023. Notification of acceptance will be issued by April 10, 2023.
Presentations will occur Monday through Wednesday, and the conference will end with the AREGC Business Meeting from 11:00 a.m. until noon on Wednesday.
Deseret Power Electric Cooperative is hosting the conference, and Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is in charge of the technical program, including selection and management of presentations.
Sponsorship opportunities are available.
Please contact Ryan Hulet at Deseret Power (email@example.com