1. Describe your current role and your responsibilities.
My role as a Communications Manager includes speaking to customers and creating a good relationship. Also having a close relationship with media is helpful. I create and develop our monthly newsletter and take care of social media for our District. I talk to customers and inspect their homes if they are in need of saving money on energy. Keeping the advertising within budget and placing the correct ad for the correct time of year is a responsibility of mine as well. Communications is a great responsibility where we wear many hats and must stay extremely organized.
2. In general, how has being a Certified Cooperative Communicator (CCC) helped you in your work and in your career?
I find that I am more apt to make a decision and know it's the right choice. I have more confidence in taking new ideas to management. And I learned so many great things about the electric industry that I may have never had the chance to learn.
3. What’s one thing about being a CCC that has made a difference for you?
I feel more respected in my career capacity.
4. What is something you’ve approached differently or had greater success with because of what you learned from CCC?
I am more assertive in company meetings and voice my opinion more.
5. What advice would you give someone considering the Certified Cooperative Communicator (CCC) Program?
I would encourage them to study all the information given by the program, but also study the history of your own Coop. It's so interesting to find out all you can about the history of where you work. It's amazing what the founders did to get electricity to everyone.