1. Describe your current role and your responsibilities.
As the Finance Manager I am responsible for the financial health of the cooperative.
2. In general, how has the Cooperative Financial Professional Certificate (CFPC) helped you in your work and in your career?
I was promoted to the role of Finance Manager after I received my CFPC. I believe the certificate impacted the cooperative's decision to promote my because it demonstrates understanding of cooperative financial principles.
3. What’s one thing from CFPC that has made a difference for you?
It provided me an understanding of how everything is inter-related, such as capital budgeting, equity management, and revenue requirements.
4. What is something you’ve approached differently or had greater success with because of what you learned from CFPC?
Pretty much every responsibility is enhanced because of the knowledge I gained from CFPC.
5. What advice would you give someone considering the CFPC?
I would encourage every employee in a financial role to consider the CFPC. There is a lot of moving pieces to cooperative finance and this program gives a good understanding of all of them. I frequently refer back to the course materials throughout the year.