1. Describe your current role and your responsibilities.
My main duty is producing the cooperative's member newsletter. I also manage the Cooperative's social media work and assist our board and staff with presentations or speeches they may have to make. I handle media contacts and generally handle all corporate communications duties.
2. In general, how has being a Certified Cooperative Communicator (CCC) helped you in your work and in your career?
When I went through the program 20 years ago, it forced me to look at the entire organization and industry and learn the basics of each element of our organization.
3. What’s one thing about being a CCC that has made a difference for you?
It has given me a foundation of knowledge about our Cooperative and the industry and the ability to answer questions or find the right people that can answer them.
4. What is something you’ve approached differently or had greater success with because of what you learned from CCC?
I learned that you don't always have to have the answer but you need to know where to go look for it. It's made me realize there are multiple sources for information available to me.
5. What advice would you give someone considering the Certified Cooperative Communicator (CCC) Program?
It's a lot of work, and it should be, but it's very much worth the effort. Especially is you're new to the electric cooperative world. It will allow you to explore your entire organization and make you better prepared to help when asked, no matter where the request is coming from.