1. Describe your current role and your responsibilities.
I provide communications consultative support to the transmission and IT business units of a G&T. I'm responsible for ensuring the cooperative's reputation among key stakeholders, keeping employees informed about transmission and IT projects and services and creating communications plans and content.
2. In general, how has being a Certified Cooperative Communicator (CCC) helped you in your work and in your career?
I've learned so much by going through the CCC program. The study materials have helped me learn more about the electric utility industry and what it means to work for a cooperative. It's also helped me hone my skills and connected me to other cooperative communications professionals both locally and regionally.
3. What’s one thing about being a CCC that has made a difference for you?
It's kept me focused on learning new communications skills and has linked me to the broader network of communications professionals, who deal with similar challenges.
4. What is something you’ve approached differently or had greater success with because of what you learned from CCC?
It's led to greater planning and thoughtful deliberation about what communication's role is in a particular challenge and what measurable outcomes will detail success.
5. What advice would you give someone considering the Certified Cooperative Communicator (CCC) Program?
This program is great at learning more about communication's role in the cooperative sphere. It also gives you a network of professionals who are dealing with similar challenges and are willing to help you out.