1. Describe your current role and your responsibilities.
I am responsible for the financials of the coop and to plan for the future financial success of the coop. I also make sure we always have financing available to continue to build plant.
2. In general, how has the Cooperative Financial Professional Certificate (CFPC) helped you in your work and in your career?
It has helped me look at the big picture aspect of our financials and to not get buried in the weeds. I have used many of the things I have learned in doing different types of financial analysis.
3. What’s one thing from CFPC that has made a difference for you?
I have made some very good friends from that class that I do keep in touch with. We try to get together at other meetings we attend.
4. What is something you’ve approached differently or had greater success with because of what you learned from CFPC?
My understanding of how to look at equity. That there are several different ways to try to control your company’s equity.
5. What advice would you give someone considering the CFPC?
It is well worth the time to attend. It includes so much information that is directly related to my job all in one place.