After the Training, You Will
- Combine and reuse documents without losing consistency in formatting.
- Clean up documents quickly and accurately.
- Automate regularly used tools with reusable macros.
- Create standard templates for clean, consistent document creation.
- Customize the Word interface for your preferred working style.
- Build large, complex documents more quickly and painlessly.
- Automate the creation of large-scale mailings in seconds.
Anticipated Business Outcomes
- Unify your outbound communication with clean, consistent branding.
- Shorten the creation and editing process for documents by hours.
- Distribute uniform branding, content, and document processing tools to your team.
- Create templates for use across your cooperative.
Module 1 (JULY 8, 2020, 1- 2:15 p.m. ET)
Microsoft Word: Easy Document Clean-Up and Combination
Many documents are cobbled together by copying-and-pasting contents from other documents, or other sources like web pages and spreadsheets, and then collaborated on by more than one co-worker. As a result, the documents have a number of formatting inconsistencies that are frustrating and time consuming to clean up. In this web conference, we'll demonstrate the techniques to easily and quickly fix these problems, reducing needless, grueling time. Included with this session will be downloadable guides and reusable macros for instant document fixes.
- Understanding and Using Word Styles
- Clearing Inconsistent Formatting
- Leveraging Find and Replace Tricks
- Changing Word Default Settings
- Using Macros for Automated Cleanup
Module 2 (JULY 15, 2020, 1- 2:15 p.m. ET)
Microsoft Word: Creating Bulletproof Templates
Most documents should be consistently formatted - their consistency reflects on your professionalism. In this web conference, we'll focus on the tools you can use to create perfect templated documents. Whether it's text formatting, page layout, or even templated content, you can create the structures you need beforehand, and save yourself hours of work later. In addition, we'll discuss how to set up the Word interface so you can create documents in seconds.
- Creating and Saving Styles and Style Sets
- Working with Document Themes to Create Consistency Across the Office Suite
- Leveraging Quick Parts Across Your Document Creation Process
- Modifying the Default Template or Creating New Templates
- Customizing the Word Interface for Quick Document Editing
Module 3 (JULY 22, 2020, 1-2:15 p.m. ET)
Microsoft Word: Document-Building Power Tools
This web conference will cover the most powerful features for your workflow when creating large, sophisticated document. Reworking your page numbering or layouts mid-document, creating a navigation structure for easy consumption, or integrating additional Styles into your document template are all in this session. If you've been working with Page Breaks and Tables, but still aren't happy with your resulting document, this session will address more complex ideas for your life.
- Controlling Document Structure with Page Breaks and Section Breaks
- Customized Page Numbering and Other Layout Options
- Using Tables of Contents, Indexes, and Cross-References for Easy Navigation
- Integrating Tabs into your Style Set
- Leveraging Excel or Outlook for Mail Merge Documents