April 25, 2019
Distribution cooperatives generate hazardous and non-hazardous waste regulated under the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). This webinar will provide an overview of the federal requirements that distribution cooperatives face under RCRA.
This webinar covered:
- How RCRA defines "waste" and "hazardous waste"
- Hazardous wastes commonly generated at distribution co-ops
- How RCRA may apply to waste generated at distribution co-ops
- Categories of waste generators and responsibilities of each
- Penalties for failure to comply with RCRA's requirements
- Where to get additional resources to help with compliance
For more information about the RCRA, please visit epa.gov.