Winter School for Directors Online is now closed for registrations. Please contact Pat Mangan at
with any questions.
This program was offered online in 2020. The online program offered co-op directors:
- The essential knowledge and skills necessary to succeed on the board
- All required courses to earn the Credentialed Cooperative Director (CCD) certificate
- The opportunity to advance beyond the CCD level toward the Board Leadership Certificate (BLC)
- Earn continuing education credits that can be applied toward maintaining their Director Gold credential.
Online Course Format
Each course was divided into two sessions and delivered over two consecutive days. Attendees were required to participate in both sessions to earn course credit.
Online training was tailored to be a rich educational experience that you can participate in without travel. A greater focus was on the instructor’s expertise and experience while teaching the course content. Questions and comments were welcome and managed in a way that supported collaboration and interaction and avoids having one person speak over another.
Attendees received access to the Winter School for Directors Online platform prior to the event to join each session. The courses were held via WebEx.
Features of The Online Course
- NRECA instructor
- No travel required
- Co-op specific content
- CCD or BLC credit awarded upon course completion
In addition to CCD and BLC courses, Winter School for Directors Online afforded daily opportunities to connect with other directors across the cooperative network to share challenges, offer solutions, and build networks.