NRECA provides quality education, information and professional growth opportunities for electric cooperatives. Along with this, some of our events offer continuing education or recertification credits.
Please note – the accrediting organization has the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for credit. You may want to check with your state board or certifying body to see what documentation is required or if pre-course approval is needed.
Cooperative University provides opportunities to earn certificates for the following programs:
Certified Key Account Executive (CKAE)
To attain the CKAE credential, candidates need to successfully complete:
487.2 Managing Your Electric Cooperative’s Key Accounts
489.1 Advanced Key Account Management
- Online assessment
Immediately after completing the Advance Key Accounts Management course, participants will be emailed a link to a 50 item assessment. The assessment will cover material from both the 487 and 489 key account courses. A minimum score of 80% is required for passing.
- The Key Accounts Business Plan and Member Marketing Strategy
From date of registration for certification, participants have six months to submit a Business Plan and Marketing Strategy for review.
Supervisor and Manager Development Program (SMDP)
- Build your own program by selecting the courses that best support your professional goals and development needs.
- For every five credits you complete, you will earn an e-certificate of accomplishment acknowledging the total number of credits you have completed.
- When you achieve 20 credits, your CEO will receive a hard copy certificate and press release to publicly recognize your accomplishment.
Cooperative Career Essentials Program (CCEP)
- Build your own program by selecting the courses that best support your professional goals and development needs. We recommend reviewing the core competencies to identify which courses will best help you achieve your professional development goals.
- For every five credits you complete, you will earn an e-certificate acknowledging the total number of credits you have completed. See the individual course pages for credit information.
If you need additional assistance or have questions, contact Angie Hylton at 703-907-5656 or e-mail her at Angie.Hylton@nreca.coop.