You will learn how to:
- Slow down and check out assumptions before they escalate into conflict.
- Move beyond positional statements to discuss “what’s really going on,” i.e., underlying needs.
- Feel more grounded when having challenging conversations.
- Use questions of inquiry to understand others’ perspectives.
- Generate win-win solutions.
The first day of the training will support you in learning the four key skill sets:
- Checking assumptions
- Shifting from positions to needs
The following half-day provides you with an opportunity to be coached as you work through a conflict scenario to find a win-win solution.
While the training format will be virtual (online), the experience will be participatory—utilizing individual reflection, small group work, skills practice, coaching and a variety of learning methods, including different sensory elements, e.g., visuals, music and learning through your body.
Cooperative Career Essentials Program