DIRECTOR COMPETENCIES COVERED IN THIS COURSE
- Discussing changes in the market structure of the electric energy industry.
- Anticipating member questions.
- Integrating DER with the cooperative's strategic plan.
- Examining key questions in the boardroom about DER.
- Establishes policies that provides guidance and sets expectations for performance.
Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Thinks systematically, conceptually, and analytically to determine effective solutions.
- Engages in strategic planning that contributes to the direction, core values and goals of the cooperative.
Risk Management and Oversight
- Forecasts and evaluates a variety of risks and identifies strategies to avoid or mitigate their impact.
Industry Principles and Concept
- Knows the basic jargon and concepts of the energy industry.
Cooperative Principles and Practices
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the cooperative business model and a commitment to cooperative values.
Community Engagement and Communication
- Places the cooperative in a collaborative position for maintaining and growing healthy communities.
- Focuses on the needs of members.
- Listens, relates and expresses oneself in a manner that is effective while supporting mutual understanding.
Builds Relationships and Influences Others
- Creates and fosters constructive working relationships; Persuades others towards an outcome consistent with the organization’s goals.
Integrity and Courage
- Makes decisions and acts consistently with values, professional standards, and the broader interests of the cooperative.
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits