Nearly 300 executive and administrative professionals convened in Long Beach several weeks ago for two intensive days of learning, networking and fun.
Connie Podesta kicked off the conference with a hilarious but incredibly insightful look into our personality types and behaviors. Our nerdy best friend
Beth Ziesenis unlocked the keys to success for being the most awesome admin you can possibly be with the best apps out there. Linemen Jamie Arender and Dalton Bourgoyne (Southern Pine Electric, Taylorsville, MS) helped us walk in their shoes and learn their lingo.
Joel Zeff provided closing conference belly laughs and inspired us to celebrate every day successes.
Pre-conference workshops turned regular people into MS Office and Proofreading superstars! First-time attendees received a warm welcome and the opportunity to get to know each other before the conference began. Twenty-five breakout sessions offered something for everyone: communications tools, presentation skills, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, social media, wellness, broadband, meeting planning, leadership and more. The roundtable discussion sessions gave people a chance to share best practices and tips of the trade.
As part of the Concern for Community project, 45 people arrived in Long Beach a day early for an onsite service project at the local
Fisher House. More than one volunteer claimed that they received more way more than they gave as a result of the experience. Over the course of the conference, $2,100 was raised in cash, checks and gift cards and about 1900 essential items were donated to the Fisher House. One enthusiastic volunteer was inspired to return to her co-op and start a spin-off project called
|October 8-10, 2018||Tampa Marriott Waterside & Marina||Tampa, FL|
|September 23-25, 2019||Little America Hotel||Salt Lake City, UT|
|September 21-23, 2020||Hyatt Regency||Savannah, GA|
Join the EA Listserv to stay up-to-date on the latest information about PowerUp
Here are a few of the benefits you'll reap by attending PowerUp:
- Discover practical solutions to complex problems
- Get "ready-to-implement" ideas
- Analyze best practices and trends
- Discuss timely and hot issues with colleagues
- Network with other cooperative professionals
- Learn from powerful keynote speakers and content experts
- 96% of attendees would recommend PowerUp to peers and colleagues
- 92% applied something they learned at PowerUp while on the job
- 90% made connections with people who can be resources in the future
- 90% intend to act on information gained and/or connections made at PowerUp
- 87% rate PowerUp valuable in terms of time and money investment to attend
- 86% of attendees rate PowerUp valuable to them in their role at cooperative
- 65% shared something they learned at PowerUp with others
“PowerUp offers numerous learning and networking opportunities to "refresh" your way of thinking, inspire creativity, and positively apply it to your daily life.”
Wolverine Power Cooperative
“It is worth the time and money to invest in yourself! ALL the training can not only be applied professionally but personally as well. And if we better ourselves, we ARE better employees too!”
Department Secretary-Central Generation Plant
Power South Energy Cooperative
Thank You to Our 2017 Sponsors!
Hotel Reservation Questions
Erin Beatty, CMP, CEM