The next sessions of NCCO will take place in 2018 at the NRECA Conference Center in Arlington, Virginia. The two identical sessions will be held March 6-9 and September 25-28, 2018.
Please note that NCCO enrollees must be working full time at their co-op at the time of registration. NCCO registration is not transferrable. There are no exceptions.
For planning purposes please note the following:
- Hotel is approximately $260/night for three nights, assuming an arrival on the afternoon of the first day and departure on the last day
- Conference fee: $350
- Most but not all meals are included in the conference fee
- Washington National Airport is approximately 30 minutes from NRECA by cab. It is also accessible via the Metro
- The NCCO hotel is a very short walk from NRECA
- If you are traveling from the West Coast, consider arriving one day early to allow for the time zone adjustment and any potential travel delays.
Professional Development and Networking Opportunity
Are you a new co-op communicator? Or maybe you're a seasoned communicator but new to the electric co-op industry? If so, the New Co-op Communicator Orientation is a great opportunity to network with other professional co-op communicators, discuss major challenges; learn about the industry and the resources available to you. The three-day program focuses on several key areas:
- Understanding the electric cooperative business model and values.
- Current and near-future electric industry issues and challenges.
- Available resources: National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA); National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC); and Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange.
- Interactive sessions to provide focus on: crisis communication, Always On program, financial issues and resources, insurance/loss control/safety issues, networking tools and Touchstone Energy initiatives.
You will meet new colleagues from around the country and from NRECA headquarters at this conference just outside of the nation’s capital. Enhance your career and return to your co-op energized, more informed and more effective with new tools and resources to apply in your corner of the world.
Member Contact Center