The Next Generation Leaders Experience develops emerging cooperative leaders through special NRECA Annual Meeting programming designed to build their knowledge of the cooperative network, extend their professional network and develop self-awareness that will help as they grow and contribute as co-op leaders.
Who is the Next Generation Leaders Experience Designed For?
NRECA is seeking co-op employees who have demonstrated their leadership potential and/or management capabilities, show a strong interest in the cooperative principles and business model and a strong commitment to your co-op’s membership. Typically, these employees have less than 10 years of total* work experience and have not attended an NRECA Annual Meeting.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis and is capped at 40 participants to optimize the learning environment and enable participates to build stronger relationships with their peers.
To register employees for this program, select the “Next Generation Leaders” fee option during the Annual Meeting registration process. Costs are identical to that of a standard attendee.
*Not just co-op experience
Benefits of the Next Generation Leaders Experience
Program participants will:
- Learn about major industry-wide issues and gain a national perspective on what matters most to our business
- Acquire a deeper understanding of the cooperative principles and how they show up in their day-to-day work-life
- Share insights, and exchange ideas and experiences with fellow next generation leaders in the co-op family
- Learn how priorities are set for NRECA and its member cooperatives
- Gain a better understanding of their motivational values, their core strengths and how to apply these to build stronger, more productive relationships with their colleagues
Programming for Next Generation Leaders
In addition to the benefits of attending regular Annual Meeting activities, there will be focused programming for Next Generation Leaders beginning Sunday morning, February 25, and will include the following:
- Targeted forum session(s) featuring leadership development and industry speaker(s)
- Education on how the NRECA resolutions process works
- Special networking opportunities for Next Generation Leaders participants
Stay tuned for more updates!