NRECA offers a four-part Loss Control program in cooperation with the National Utility Training and Safety Education Association (NUTSEA).
Certification as a Certified Loss Control Professional (CLCP) merits recognition by your fellow safety professionals and the electrical utility industry as a whole.
Topics of Loss Control Internship include:
- Regulations affecting electric power generation, transmission and distribution
- “Best practices” for ensuring safety
- Practical communication techniques for teaching others how to manage the associated hazards
- Practical education and training, packaged in an intensive, fast-track program
- Collaborative exercises and networking time with other safety professionals
- Resource sharing of materials and through outside providers
- An accelerated approach to voluntary certification as a Certified Loss Control Professional