Who Should Attend
- Mid to senior finance professionals
- CEOs and other non-finance senior leaders
- Enhance effectiveness at managing the financial aspects of your cooperative
- Gain the skills needed to identify and take advantage of strategic opportunities
- Integrate finance expertise and business stewardship practices to achieve business results
NRECA and CFC have partnered to deliver a competency-based, interactive program for experienced finance professionals and senior leaders. Participants learn the concepts and practices needed to provide effective financial and strategic insight and successfully position their cooperative for the future.
This two-week program is held in Madison, WI and Dulles, VA.
- Financial Leadership: Balancing Stewardship and Business Partnership
- Environmental / Business Scan of Industry
- Equity and Debt Management; Managing Working Capital and Liquidity
- Capital Credit Allocation and Retirement
- KRTA and Financial Trend Analysis
- Financial Analysis and Forecasting
- Capital Expenditure: Capital Budgeting, Lease vs. Purchase, Utility Plant Decisions
- Electric Rates: Rate Design and Cost of Service, Revenue Requirements
- Financial Policy
About the Capstone Project
is a culminating project that provides the opportunity to reflect on and apply knowledge and skills acquired during the program. The Capstone
Participants work with their leadership to identify finance-based projects that address current challenges & strategic goals. Projects are worked on during and outside of class and are due three months after the program ends.
Capstone Project Guidelines