The electric utility industry is an evolving high-tech system that must be designed and engineered to meet regulatory and consumer standards for reliability, quality, and safety. This requires an appropriate investment on a planned and ongoing basis. This course provides directors with an understanding of the key components of the electric utility industry.
- The basic functions and cost components of generation, transmission, and distribution
- Current and emerging technologies that are impacting utility operations and policies
- Issues related to distributed generation that the board may need to address
- How environmental issues and national policies impact the cooperative
- The board's role to ensure a safe working environment
WHERE TO TAKE THIS COURSE
NRECA offers the opportunity to take this course several times each year at the following events:
NOTE: Please check each event's schedule to see what courses are being offered.
Additionally, these courses can be delivered onsite at your co-op, statewide or G&T. Learn more about our onsite training opportunities.
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits
Angie Hylton, Senior Certification Specialist
703-907-5656 | email@example.com
< View All Courses
< View All Certificate Programs
< Take the Online Director Education Assessment