Boards are responsible for directing the affairs of the corporation. This course discusses and explains the duties of loyalty, obedience, and due care, and the need for directors to acquire the minimum knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill their responsibilities within the cooperative context.
Check out the video preview.
- An overview of today's multi-billion dollar electric utility business
- The concepts and values that govern cooperatively owned businesses and related types of organizations
- Legal and regulatory concepts affecting public utilities
- Key legal documents such as articles of incorporation and bylaws
- The role of management and guidelines for maintaining an effective relationship with the CEO
WHERE TO TAKE THIS COURSE
NRECA offers the opportunity to take this course several times each year at the following events:
NOTE: Please check each event's schedule to see what courses are being offered.
Additionally, these courses can be delivered onsite at your co-op, statewide or G&T. Learn more about our onsite training opportunities.
NRECA – 1 credit
CEU – 0.6 credits
Angie Hylton, Senior Certification Specialist
703-907-5656 | firstname.lastname@example.org
< View All Courses
< View All Certificate Programs
< Take the Online Director Education Assessment